Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Best gift in Life!!!

If god suddenly appear in front of you and asked you to make a wish, what do you ask??
Think...
What is that one wish...?
What would you ask??
The only wish..?

OK on any other day I would ask:
"Appear whenever, wherever I wish and fulfill my wish there and then"
well kind of infinite loop. huh? :)
Well on serious note and after one week of sick sickness I have decided I would ask
HEALTH.

Yes, someone rightly said "Health is wealth". I realized this after a marathon one week of painful experiences and still going. This nasty viral fever brought me down with strange pains and acts and made me run to hospital every day with the swine flu scare round the corner.

Finally, I made an appearance to the swine flu testing center and had a consultation. The doctor much to my relief told me that this is normal viral fever and I don't need to panic and gave some tabs to relief and asked me to check back if needed.

I realized how important health is over this week. Strange pains, irritation, restlessness forgot to tell doc about some symptoms, what not!Imagine a restless guy made to confront to home with confusion for one week. Finally I am relieved to hear the news that this is normal virus. So yours truly is going to be at home for an extended holiday taking fluids, tablets. You can touch the monitor sicne I hardly had any swine flu syptoms, no runny nose, no cold, no cough, just this bloody nerves connecting neck and head itching, almost normal temperature and worst weather outside. Guess I never hated rains like I did today.

Ok some gyaan for people who want to get swine flu test done:
Only Rajiv gandhi Chest hospital, off Nimhans campus is eligible to do tests. Rest of the hospitals only treats you if you have symptoms.Now the procedure is like this:

1. Go to Rajiv gandhi chest hospital. If you are arriving from Christ college side, at NIMHANS signal, take left turn, hit dead end, just keep going straight till you reach the Chest hospital.
2. Go to room no-7, fill a form and register yourself (they give you a card and a form)
3. Carry the card and the form to the consultation ward 50 mts past this block.
4. Wait for your turn
5. Go in meet the doctor, answer his questions, explain your problems. Only if the doctor is satisified with your symptoms, he will recommend tablets or X-ray or whatever.
6. Your swab samples and X-ray would be taken only in the case of perfect symptoms or if doctor diagnosis it to be H1N1. Otherwise they recommend medicines.

Wish me happy recovery

8 comments:

  1. Oh chandu... u went to the Rajiv Gandhi center too? oh god... anyway, I wish you a speedy recovery.. and gimme a call if u need anything.... pls don't hesitate...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh... u weren't well? Take care... Speedy recovery.....

    Well, on a lighter note, "take left turn, hit dead end, just keep going straight till you reach the Chest hospital" --> how do u go straight after u hit the deadend?? :P :P :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get well soon Chandu. We can all go for a round of paani puri once you are alrite. Now that's enof motivation for u to get back to form :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chandu mere bandhu, get well soon yaar! I know how it must be..every time I sneeze or feel little uncomfortable, I think that H1N1 has finally got me..but OK, in Mumbai I feel safer for a strange reason..now that there is a new born in our home, v all are extremely careful and wash our hands as many times as possible..
    The changing climate is to blamed..so many people are suffering from throat infections, fever and what not..good to know that you are getting better.. see ya soon..

    ReplyDelete
  5. @All- almost ready to be back in action next week

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chandu Bhai, Get well soon !! I am glad that your flu had nothing to do with swines :-) So, what have you been upto at home?

    ReplyDelete