Friday, July 10, 2009

U-turns!

"If life was like driving on a road, I have been negotiating a ghat section from past 2 years.. too many U-turns! ":)

My business trip at office came from no where, got surprisingly approved despite of not so encouraging financial restrictions, was postponed, then just when I got my last document needed for visa submission and on the day when my application was supposed to reach the embassy, the news came that it's CALLED OFF! My passport has never been lucky ;) (Assumption: Travel abroad = have fun)

So re-planning and restructuring has been the order of the days.. no years! Someone rightly said, life is something that happens while you are busy planning! Of late, the success percentage of my plans went awfully bad or may be I became too imaginative., whateva! My poor manager wondering how to put the news across was surprised not to see any "oh god!, oh sh***, I am upset" kind of phrases from me, if only she knows that I am getting used to this bumpy ride and no more feeling nausea out of this travel!

Life is still a celebration, cousin's wedding this month end calls for a big fun time, monsoon trip is ON, survey in the Melagiri forests is a bonus! What an exciting monsoon time ahead! I pray it rains enough not to trouble the people by floods, but enough to supply enough water to survive the next summer. Hope your journey is pleasant! Enjoy the rains....

8 comments:

  1. yes!! I deserve GOLD :D
    I completely agree that whenever I am busy making plans for something, unexpected things come my way..and usually these surprises r good :) Whenever I come to your blog, either you are planning some trip or blogging about your visit to some place.. i am JEALOUS

    ReplyDelete
  2. after i heard u saying that u r much relaxed now than u felt over the past 2 yrs, am sure things would take a different turn n definitely not the U-turns tht u've been facing....

    ReplyDelete
  3. @preeti- 24 CARROT gold.. (buy them and mail me the scanned bill for reimbursement :). yes whenever i plan trips and someone becomes jealous, then never work out :P
    @RKP- Travel, stay @ company reibursement and just learning a tool and coming back, seeing a new country made me think it's fun. but i must listen to you folks who had been there.. seen that..!
    @RP-aah man, so relaxed that i realized I have become lazier, time to exercise, shall i knock your door at 5.30 am sharp for some jog!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chandu, Am definitely game for it.. if u could wake me up at that time that is :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh well... thats so true.....
    Life is something that happens when you're busy planning..... But well, it's all a passing phase too....

    Well, where's the monsoon trip planned to???

    ReplyDelete
  6. @RP-Max I can CALL you to wake you up or you set an alarm! :P
    @Sum-yes like the monsson clouds, the phase is showering and passing by. waiting for the sun to come out to make it bright and lovely!

    ReplyDelete